Saturday, April 25, 2020

Donut Dress

April 2018. Another day, another cute dress. Eesa picked out this donut fabric at Joanns's and I whipped up this dress for her.  She must have liked it a lot because she wore it quite often. My favorite thing about this dress is the "sprinkles"--I sewed in colorful seed beads (size 11/0) to the pockets and the front. Not one has come loose, even though this dress has been worn and washed often, so that's good! I also added some white ric-rac for the "frosting". As for the pattern, I used the June dress (I've made several others, see here) from Violette Field Threads, this time I added flutter sleeves and they are just sooooo cuuuuuute!! One of our favorite dresses for sure! She wore this so often, that it reminds me of her (its too small for her now, unfortunately) so I'm debating whether or not I should just keep it forever instead of selling it.

Notice the tiny donut earrings!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment