Friday, April 24, 2020

Floral Spring Dress

March 2018
Every year, Elisa gets a new spring dress or two.  Or five.  This is one of them.  And also one of my favorites! I used the Harlow pattern from VFT, and I'm telling you that pattern doesn't get near enough attention as it should, gosh it just such a cute pattern: I love the princess cut on little girls and the ruffles around the neck are just such a cute touch.
I bought this fabric as a remnant at Walmart, and I had juuuuust enough fabric to squeeze out this dress.  I didn't want the print to get lost in the princess cut, so I sewed in some ric-rac for that extra-touch of cuteness. And a band of pink at the bottom for length and as a break from the busy(ish) pattern, and of course a sash in the back to tie it all together. Literally. I think I made this a size five, so it didn't fit her to long.  I sold it to a stranger about a year or so later, so who knows where this dress is now. Sometimes I wonder where all my dresses that I sent out into the world are. I would sure love to know that answer to that. Hopefully being worn and loved! Elisa sure wore and loved this dress.  Well, at least she wore it, and I loved it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment