Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Top with Crochet Overlay

Throwback to December 2016, or at least that was the date I took these pictures. I think I may have actually made it earlier in that year. I don't know how I managed to miss this one, I remember I adored this shirt; it was just so cute on Eesa! Here is a top I made using some crochet fabric I found as a remnant at Joanns. It was so bright and fun that I just had to buy it! I don't remember which pattern I used, this was before Violette Field Threads patterns were a staple in my life, so it was probably something free from the internet. I used white broadcloth underneath, except for the sleeves. I wish there would have been more fabric so that I could match up the stripes, or better yet, have the stripes on the skirt part going horizontal instead, but I had to work with what I had (this was a remnant). I put a zipper in the back, which probably isn't the best idea for crochet fabric but it worked out ok. Here she is (so little!) modeling her shirt:


No comments:

Post a Comment