Thursday, April 30, 2020

Navy and White Pin-Tucked Shirt

Here's another shirt that I really like! Eesa, not so much. Well, she did wear it a couple of times, but mostly it just sits in her closet.  I used the Josephine shirt/dress pattern from Violette Field Threads. I'm not sure where I got the fabric, probably at Goodwill. I didn't want the pintucks to get lost in the dark fabric, plus I wanted to add some interest to the shirt, so I sewed in some lace.  The lace was tricky to sew in because it was so thin and tended to slip, but it turned out all right.  I also added lace on the sleeves, and Kam snaps instead. I like the look of the snaps, and they are either for both me and Eesa! The very last thing I did was add some thin straps to cinch the waist because it was baggy on her when I tried it on her the first time.  

PS: My picture (last one here) was included in Violette Field Threads' weekly newsletter (#51, I think).  I post things occasionally on their Facebook sewing group, and I was so honored that my photo was selected!






No comments:

Post a Comment