Saturday, April 25, 2020

Kid's Portrait Coordinating Outfits

August 2018
The kids were due for a portrait session, and this year I decided to just sew up all their outfits for their session instead of trying to find things that match. Call me crazy, but sewing up these outfits for them was much less stressful than finding coordinating outfits in their closets of trying to find ones to buy.  More time consuming, yes, but mentally easier on me, because I knew they would all coordinate perfectly and look great! Luckily, I didn't have to go out and buy any fabric, these outfits were all from fabric already in my stash. The light turquoise I had purchased at Goodwill, yards and yards of it for a couple of bucks! I'm not 100% sure what the fabric was, I'm guessing some form cotton batiste, because it was thin but definitely wasn't broadcloth. The main fabric of Elisa's dress I got on clearance at Joann's forever ago so I was happy to finally find a use for it. 
I made the boys oxford shirts using the Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop pattern. The older boy's shirt I made with long sleeves. That kid has such long arms that I had to add a full inch to the arms on his shirt! The youngest I used the same oxford shirt pattern. I didn't want twin shirts for the boys, so I made his shorts sleeved with a double pockets. I found a dark blue shirt at Goodwill to put under it. For Eesa's dress, I used the Hattie Pattern from Violette Field Threads, and used the coordinating turquoise as trim on the collar and the sleeves. It turned out so cute!! Here are *some* pictures from the photoshoot, these are not the ones I chose to hang on the wall, but I chose these pictures to post here since they show off the outfits better than some of the other pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment