Sunday, April 26, 2020

Periwinkle Outfit Set: A Sad Story

August 2018
Here's an outfit that didn't get much love. I bought the Celeste top & bottom pattern from Violette Field Threads (on sale of course), thinking it would make a cute outfit for summer for Eesa. And it did! I used unicorn-print fat quarters from Walmart and 100% cotton solid fabric in periwinkle (something between a blue and purple), also from Walmart. I was happy with it. But did Eesa like it? No, she did not. Not one bit. I had to convince, cajole, and persuade her to wear it out to lunch for just that one time. She modeled it for me--don't let her smile fool you, she was NOT happy to do this--and she tore it off immediately as soon as we got home. She said she hated the bow/sash on the shorts. Who knew she'd be picky about a thing like that? So I donated it to Goodwill. I hope another little girl is enjoying the outfit, if Goodwill didn't simply toss it (I have no idea of their inner workings). I just cut my loses and I've never looked at that pattern since. Now I make sure to ask her if she likes the dress/outfit/shirt/ pattern before I buy it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment