Saturday, April 25, 2020

Unitards

July/August/September 2018
Eesa was in gymnastics for awhile, and since she has such a looooong torso, it was hard to find a unitard/leotard that fit her properly--it was either fit in the shoulders and give her a major wedgie, or fit her torso and hang off the shoulders. Because of that, I thought I ought to sew up a unitard for Eesa and I could just add an inch or two in the torso area.  I found a unitard pattern on Etsy that I thought would work, but I was sadly mistaken. Just so you can avoid it--I got the pattern from tumblentwirl and the pattern is called "Matilda".
The first unitard I made I followed the measurement chart, and according to Elisa's measurements, she was a size 4! I thought that wasn't right, so I went ahead and made a size 6, and it was still too small! Now, I know leotards and unitards are meant to be slim-fitting, but this was second-skin, put-marks-on-your-skin tight. I tried it on little brother (who is 4 years younger than Eesa, btw, and it fit him pretty well, still too tight in the armpit area). I made two others (one not pictured), tried to make a few adjustments, but they still turned out just too small, especially around the armpits. I gave up on the pattern, because I realized after making 3 failed unitards, the problem was with the pattern and not me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment