Sunday, April 26, 2020

Boy's Yoke Shirt

August 2018. I got my hands on a pattern called "yoke shirt" (for boys) by Puperita. I love the classic oxford shirt but I wanted something a little different, after all, its nice to be able to sew for my boys for once! I took my youngest boy to Joanns and together we picked out some fun prints in the novelty print section. We sure had a good time! Well, at least I did. Said boy really enjoyed rolling around in the fabrics because he knew they were his fabrics (most of them, anyway). His favorite fabrics sported the alphabet because he was oddly obsessed with the alphabet at this time in his little life. I'm going to mention here that I also found a great classic pants pattern for boys, called "Classic Chinos" by Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop (sorry, no good pics of the shorts). I made several pairs of shorts to go with some of his shirts. The only tricky part of the shorts is the welt pocket. It was my first time sewing those so I had to refer to the internet for more help, as the directions for the classic chinos is sadly lacking, despite being a great pattern overall. Anyway, I kinda went crazy making him all kinds of shirts, these are not all the shirts I've made him using this pattern, I'll probably have another post on the next group of shirt I sewed up for youngest boy:

Some of the fabrics were from Hobby Lobby that I let him bury himself in

Lookin' good with the bow tie!

ABC print shirt with matching red shorts

Perfect for Disney Trips! A year and a half later, he still wears this on Disney Trips. I'll have to make him a new one soon.

This money print has been around for awhile, and every time I'd go to Hobby Lobby I'd admire it and wonder what the heck I could make out of it.  Well, I found something to make from it! I so love this shirt, I think it is hilarious and adorable.  Ian wasn't too much into it though. I'll probably end of selling it.



No comments:

Post a Comment