Friday, May 22, 2020

Sequin Initial Raglan Top

January 2018.  Oooh I just love this top for Elisa. And not a another dress, yay! I used the same pattern (its free!) as it did in this post. A size or two up, of course. I was inspired by some sequin tops with initials I saw while browsing Justice. I fortunately was able to use leftover sequin fabric from this here dress, good thing because sequin fabric ain't cheap. The main fabric I found at Goodwill--such a good deal for several yards of good-quality knit navy cotton! Raglan shirts are super quick & easy to sew up (at least relative to other sewing projects). The "hardest" part was cutting out the E and making sure it didn't rip or warp. I used the sequin fabric as an overly and sewed around the E. Eesa wore this shirt frequently (or at least frequently enough so long as the weather allowed) for two years in row. Will she get another year's wear out of it? Maybe. I will just make her a new one, if not.



No comments:

Post a Comment