Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Teal and Yellow Coat

I saw someone's post on the Violette Field Threads facebook group about making a coat out of the Hattie dress pattern, and I loved the idea so much that I wanted to make Eesa a coat of her own (using my own choice of fabrics, of course, I rarely straight-up copycat). I headed to Hobby Lobby and bought $30 worth of a heavy(ish) twill cotton fabric, in teal.  I found a cotton lining with a gorgeous pattern to match, and some large yellow buttons as well. Since I was making alterations to the original pattern, it was a little tricky to put together, particularly getting the skirt lining to the exact right length that I wanted, in relation to the outside. Its not 100% perfect, but its really hard to notice that I didn't get the lining to lie exactly flat. I also had some issues with getting my machine to sew the button holes, but other than that, I think the jacket turned out lovely! Eesa got lots of compliments when she wore it, and we got a few years out of the jacket, so I might end up selling it this year since Eesa has outgrown it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment