Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pink Sequin Dress

Here's another beautiful dress that I am quite proud of (made Sept. 2018). I found the sparkle fabric as a remnant at Joanns, that was (surprisingly) over a yards worth. It was $15 for the remnant; sequin fabric is typically more pricey, but I didn't mind spending that much because the sequin fabric is gorgeous! My favorite part? It had a beautiful finished edge already, so I didn't have to hem the dress. I used a combination of patterns--VFT patterns, as is typical--Harlow, Penelope, and Maisie.  I added my own back sash, and I never use the given pattern measurements for skirts in any of my dresses, as I think they are all too short. You can't see it too well in the pictures, but I covered KAM snaps in the sparkle fabric for the back enclosure, and I love that extra touch of sparkle. If that weren't enough sparkle, I also made a hair bow to match the dress. Here are the pics, I just love it when she wears her pettiskirt under the dress, it really make her look like a princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment