Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Blue Plaid Shirts

Here are some shirts I made in November 2018 that didn't get the love they really deserve! I bought a couple yards of this navy blue plaid fabric at Walmart, and decided to make Elisa another button-up shirt using VFT's Hattie pattern, but this time with long sleeves since summer was over and winter was just beginning. I saw a girl's shirt with lace on the bottom on a clothing website, and I wanted to make one similar for Eesa. I actually had to run back to Walmart to buy the lace on the bottom, and some cute wooden buttons so I could make the shirt according to what was in my head. I think it turned out great--just the way I wanted, except for one thing: the sleeves were too short, by at least 1/2 and inch. Ugh. She wore this shirt maybe twice and never wore it again. I think if I choose to sell it, I'll mark it as a size 5 instead of my intended size 6:


I was in a department store and came across this Carter's outfit set, and thought, "Hey, I have fabric just like that!" So I went to work, using the oxford shirt pattern from Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop and leftover fabric from Eesa's shirt, and made my youngest a shirt almost exactly like the one Carter's put out, down to the little embroidered animal (mine is an elephant though and not a dinosaur). We even had the same color pants! He wore the shirt a couple of times, and outgrew it in no time flat:


No comments:

Post a Comment