Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Christmas Dresses 2018

Here are my Christmas dresses to finish off the 2018 year! I made one for Eesa and one for her cousin. I found a Christmas-y plaid polyester fabric at Joanns for only $5/yard. I made two different dresses--they aren't matchy-matchy, and I don't even think they coordinate very well together--but individually they are cuuuuute! I made both of them the same size (a 7 I think), and let Eesa pick out the one she liked best.  She chose the dress trimmed in gold, with a collar and a big bow in the back. For that dress, I used Violette Field Threads' Piper (updated) pattern.  It was easy enough to sew up. I was lucky enough to happen to have metallic gold fabric that was soft enough to use in clothing. I found it at Goodwill; I don't know where to buy more but I'm sure I could find out eventually with enough online-sleuthing. I got lucky again, and was able to find matching gold trim (bias tape) for the hem, and I fished out two gold buttons out of my button stash for that added cuteness.  I'm very happy with how the dress turned out, and Eesa actually wore it two Christmases in a row! I'm not sure she'll fit in the dress this Christmas (2020), but I don't mind making a new Christmas dress!  

So sweet!

How cute is that bow?!

The buttons add a nice touch

For the other dress--that ended up with the cousin--I used the Penelope Dress pattern, and didn't make any alterations to the pattern other than adding several inches to the skirt, which I always do anyway.  I love how this one turned out; it reminds me of an American Girl dress---very classic! Eesa did sneak in one wear of this dress to school before we handed it over to her cousin! I was sorta hoping cousin would outgrow the dress after 2018 Christmas, but she ended up wearing this dress yet another Christmas, which is a good thing. Maybe Eesa can wear this dress for Christmas 2020, but I'm guessing it will be too small.

Not a great picture, but here are the girls together wearing their Christmas dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment