Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Reversible Sequin Heart Raglan Shirt

 Its a very satisfying sew when I make something that my daughter just LOVES.  This was her favorite shirt of 1st grade.  She was always trying to wear this shirt, even if it was in the dirty clothes hamper!
I love this shirt not only because she loves it, but also because it was an easy, quick sew! I used a medium weight quality knit (I found it at Goodwill, of all places) so it was a dream to work with.  I used reversible sequin fabric I found at Joann's (I saw it and just had to have it!). Oh, and the pattern was FREE! I found it here. I originally did an applique stitch to put the heart on the front, but it looked sloppy and it was too low anyway.  So I unpicked the applique stitch, picked out the sequins around the edge, and did a looser zig-zag stitch along the edges.  It looked a ton better, except there were tiny little holes where I had originally sewn the heart on.  Yikes.  It is impossible to see from far away, but it bothers me.  Girly doesn't notice though, so its all good.

 My first attempt at putting the heart on.  It was all wonky and wavy.

Fixed it!


1 comment:

  1. So cute! When she's older she'll remember all the times you sewed everything she loved!

    ReplyDelete