Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pink and Gold Unicorn Dress

Here we go again...another gorgeous dress that slipped between the cracks and never got posted.  And yep, its yet another unicorn dress! I made this dress waayy back Jan 2017, or possibly December 2016 (sorry its been so long that I can't remember). I wanted to make sure to post this because its such an adorable dress! Eesa has long since outgrown it, in fact, I sold it a year or two ago, but isn't this such a sweet dress? I made it using the Clara dress pattern from Violette Field Threads.  I did widen the "wings" on the sleeves an inch or more than what the pattern asked for. This was one of my first times sewing an exposed zipper.  I found a gold zipper at Joanns that matched perfectly.  I cost about the same as the fabric itself, but I bought it anyway since it match so perfectly.  I also used some braided gold trim I had in my stash--it really made the dress pop!  


No comments:

Post a Comment