Saturday, May 23, 2020

Pattern Test for 5 Berries

January 2019.  My first pattern test! I got an email from 5Berries asking if I would like to test a pattern. I said sure! In exchange, I got this pattern for free. I made no alteration to the pattern. It was a fairly easy sew and turned out super cute. I haven't done anything quite like these flounces before, but they weren't hard. My only gripe with this dress is that it is way, way too short, its more of a tunic on Eesa (which is fine) but as a dress its just too short for my liking. You can find the pattern here. My rating is in there somewhere, lost in the other thousands, which even I do not have the patience to find. I think my favorite thing about this pattern is (oddly, I know!) the neckline-it turned out so dainty and professional-looking. I do like the straight-dress style and of course the flounces! I made a sash that can be used as well--as a sash--or a headband. Eesa wore this dress a couple of times but never wore it the next year, so I guess I'll try to sell it but its not super trendy so I won't be surprised if it doesn't sell. Here are the pictures, I took a lot for the review. I love the entire ensemble on her! I'm sad she didn't wear this dress much; its so very cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment