Monday, May 18, 2020

Pink Velvet Dress

[November 2018] Most people buy shoes to match the dress. In this case, I made a dress to match the shoes! I was in Hobby Lobby and saw this velvet fabric that looked just like some shoes I had just bought Eesa, so I bought a few yards, and came up with this here gorgeous dress. I used VFT's Talluh dress pattern. I added some personal touches such as a ruffle on the bottom of the sleeves and I just so happened to have some crochet trim that looked great with the dress so I added that around the hem, sleeve ends, and down the middle. And to top it all off, I sewed in some matching pink pearls into the crochet trim on the bodice and the hem. Eesa wore--and still wears--this dress quite frequently. She's long since out grown the shoes, but I made the dress long enough for her to get a few year's worth of wear, plus its slightly stretchy. Here she is modeling her pretty dress. She looks like a princess in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment