Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Tie-Dye Fun

In May of 2021, I bought a tie-dye kit and kinda went crazy with it! I bought some plain white shirts along with the kit. I looked on youtube for videos on how to tie-dye certain designs and decided to try out the spiral and the heart technique.
 
The shirts were fun to do, although they were a lot trickier to prepare than it looked in the videos! I let the kids choose their colors for their shirts. I think they turned out great! Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, the dye faded quite a bit after washing and wearing. The kids wear their shirts and pjs quite often, thought sadly, the shirts and pjs are getting to be too small.

My hand looked like it had been smashed! Yes, I used gloves, but the dye got inside anyway so I just gave up. The dye didn't stay on my hands for too long anyway.

This one probably turned out the best. 

A nice blue spiral.

The heart turned out good, but not great.

The shirt in action. You can see it had faded already. Still cute though.

I also had sewn up some pajama sets for Eesa and Ian, using a white, slightly stretchy, and super soft fabric I found in the Walmart value fabric bin. I've been looking for that specific fabric ever since, but I haven't been able to find it. I used VFT's Gracie pajama pattern. I altered the pattern slightly for the boy (no curve at the waist, and buttons on other side). I've used that pattern often, so I'm super glad I bought it. They turned out super cute. I just wish I would have sewn down the back facing by the nape of the neck.
I used the tie-dye crumple technique for the pajamas

I didn't like the white spots on Ian's pj bottoms, so I re-dyed those spots.

So adorable! Nice jammies, too.

The pjs in action! So soft and comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment