Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tribal Print Outfits

April 2021
Another Walmart bargain bin score! It was nice to find a knit with a print for a change! Most of the bargain fabrics are solid colors. The fabric I found is soft, stretchy, but it tends to catch on hangnails or anything, really! I think it must have some nylon in it...? The problem with the Walmart bargain fabrics is that there isn't a label as to exactly what the fabric is. 
The first thing I did was make myself a dress. I used my dolman top pattern that I drafted myself. I intended to have an elasticized waist, but it turned out that I didn't need to--the bodice was tapered enough. In all, the dress turned out nicely. I wear it occasionally. I did have a scare before I sewed on the skirt part with the pattern being placed in a just the wrong (or right, depending on who you're talking to) place! Thankfully, I had put it on backward, on accident (duh!). No way I'd be able to wear it in public otherwise haha. 
I had just enough fabric left over to make Eesa a top, using the Twist it Up pattern from Ellie & Mac. It's a cute and comfy shirt that she wears plenty.


Oho no way!

Phew. Had the dress on backwards!


Cutie wearing her new shirt.

I also made a pair of beaded earrings that happened to match pretty well with the dress. Unfortunately, I lost one in the grocery store and have yet to make a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment