Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Patriotic Outfits

May 2021
You know, call me an extremist, but I kinda consider it an abomination to purchase patriotic clothing from China. It just seems counter-intuitive. After scrolling Amazon for shirt and shirt made in China, I gave up and just made my own. I used a dolman top pattern and my own creativity for the design. I used a star punch, but it was trickier than I thought to employ it in the freezer paper transfer, but I muddled through. I like the way it turned out, and I do wear it occasionally, even when it's not the 4th!

I made Ian a patriotic shirt in addition to mine since he had outgrown his from the year before. It was hard to do. I had to double the white fabric, and then and somehow keep track of all those stripes, but I did it, even if they did take a long time. I thought the sewing of stripes together would never end! In any case, like how it turned out. The shirt was large on him when I first made it. As of this date, he's worn it for two 4ths of July already, and we might get a third year out of it. He wears it fairly often outside of any patriotic holidays as it is. 

****************************************************************************

I made this simple dress for a friend's daughter who was turning 3, using VFT's Piper pattern with flutter sleeves. I also found a fun silver button in my button stash that went so perfectly with the dress! The fabric was given to me by a friend down the street. Free fabric is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment