Friday, February 18, 2022

Some Random Sews 2020

Here are a few random stuff I sewed up in 2020:

March
Eesa had a birthday party to go to so I made the girl some 18" doll clothes since the girl liked that stuff. I made a tank, jeans, and a fluffy fancy dress for her. 18" doll clothes sew up so fast compared to the real deal!

April 2020
The Great Mask Craze of 2020! When the pandemic hit, masks were in high demand. People were begging me to make some for them. So I did! I made lots and lots of them. Some I sold, most I gave away to family members. They are mostly quick and easy. I found a free pattern online in men, women and children sizes. I did have to make some adjustments for mine, but everyone's face is different so I hope the ones I gave away (and especially sold) work ok! I made so many that I eventually ran out of elastic and couldn't find anymore. Apparently, every other seamstress was making masks as well so I guess that explains why all the elastic had vanished off the shelves. I had to get creative so I started sewing some with the ties, though those took awhile. Then stores started selling masks so I didn't have to make so many!

August
I bought some rough tulle-like material (similar to the material shower poufs are made of) at Walmart by all the bath stuff. It was the Equate Beauty XL bath cloth.  I made myself and oversized shower scrub-towel, using the bath cloth for one side and an old towel for the other side. It worked great for a month or so, then the bath cloth got all soft and lost its shape and thus its effectiveness. I actually made two of these Shower scrub-towels, I threw the used one away so I still have another left to use! 

No comments:

Post a Comment