Monday, February 28, 2022

Neon Pink Shirts

Back in late 2020, I found some very soft, very stretchy neon pink fabric from the Walmart bargain bin. There was also some stretchy crochet fabric in the same exact color so I grabbed that too. Walmart bargain bin fabric is now my go-to fabric. To be honest, I have shopped at Joann's since beginning of 2019. I've found yard and yard after yard of awesome knits (some better than others, of course) at an average of $2 per yard. Can't beat that! Anyway, this neon pink fabric I bought was at least 4 yards worth, maybe more. I managed to squeeze 4 shirts out of it, and I may even have some left. Here's a collection of all the shirts I've made out of the fabric:


November 2020: my sister came for a visit. She was actually with me when I picked out the fabric. I offered to make her a shirt out of it, but to get the exact size, I first made myself a shirt and had her try it on. Everything fit except the shoulders. So for her shirt, I added maybe 1/4-1/3" on the shoulders. Perfect fit! I wear my shirt occasionally, its very soft and comfy. 


Dec. 2020-I made girly a shirt, this time I used the matching crochet fabric as an overlay for just the front bodice. It turned out cute! She still wears it fairly often. I also made a mask to match, but she lost that mask not too long after I made it.


March 2021-I still had plenty of fabric leftover! I don't typically reuse the same exact fabric for another outfit for Eesa, but the last shirt was so cute, and she needed a summer shirt so I made her this using the Ellie & Mac's Twist it up pattern. This is one of several shirts I made for her using this pattern. Cute pattern, cute fabric, cute shirt, and cute girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment