Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Maroon Knit Dress

I believe I actually sewed this dress in late 2019 (December), even though I took this picture in May 2020. This is the Sweetie Pie dress from Ellie and Mac Patterns using knit fabric I found in the Walmart bargain bin. Around this time, I started moving away from patterns that use woven fabrics and more towards patterns that use knits. Ellie and Mac Patterns is a goldmine! They have very basic, but very nice knit patterns. For Adults too! I have a pretty decent collection of their patterns at the moment. Half are for me, the other half are for the kids. Another thing I like about this pattern company is that there are plenty of patterns for boys, and men too! So yes, I've taken a huge step back from Violette Field Threads and have moved toward sewing with knits. My kids are getting older and prefer the knit look and feel, plus I've also discovered its fun to sew for myself, and E&M provides the perfect opportunity. The dress is too small now, but she wore it quite a bit. It was a fairly quick and easy sew. I did have a little trouble with the neckband, I'm not sure where I went wrong but yep it was something I did, not the pattern. Here is girlie in her dress:

No comments:

Post a Comment