Monday, September 17, 2018

Christmas Dress 2017

 Here is Girlie's Christmas dress from last year.  I was heavily inspired by a dress I saw at Kohls.  I found the crushed velvet at Hobby Lobby, and the white fluffy trim I found at Goodwill--a couple of bucks for a whole spool of it.
The dress came together okay and it turned out okay, but when all's said and done, I wish I had just bought the dress I saw at Kohls.  Or at least, used a different trim that was stretchy because the opening on the wrists are a little bit too tight.  Even so, the price to make the dress was roughly equal to the amount I would have paid for one already made at Kohls.  Alas, 'tis the dilemma of sewing, sometimes.  Most of the time sewing is far better (better=less expensive, the product is higher quality, and totally unique!) than making a purchase, but in this case....I would have been better off just buying the dress, but in the end girlie really liked the dress so all's well that ends well, right?  Her cousin came down for Christmas and they wore their coordinating dresses, this time I was smart and just bought the dress from Kohls!
It took lots of clips to put the trim on!


Kohl's (green) version on the left, mine on the right. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty girls in red and green Christmas dresses looking very similar. Both dresses are equally nice.

    ReplyDelete