Friday, September 14, 2018

My Little Pony Dress

 I made this dress two years ago and never posted it! My sister came over to visit and bought this fabric, but her visit was short and she couldn't decide what she wanted me to do with it, so she told me to just keep it.  After a few weeks I finally decided what I wanted to do with it--make Eesa a dress, what else? For awhile there, Foo Foo Thread's Josephine was my go-to pattern, and that was the pattern I used for this here dress. It features a shirred back and I like that.  The shirred back is created using elastic thread in the bobbin and it is easy. I like that it creates a stretch to the fabric, as if it wear knit. I used left over purple broadcloth for the bodice and trim, but I thought it would be too plain with just a purple bodice, so I cut out a circle and made sure to enclose some ponies inside that circle, and then I just appliqued it on using a tight zig-zag stitch. So, this dress costed me zero dollars, but my sister $8.  I sold it a few months back, although thinking about it now, I think I low-balled the price but Eesa did wear this dress quite a bit.

The shirred back.  


1 comment:

  1. The shirred look is so cute, although it's hard to see in this picture. The My Little Pony print, applique, and purple fabric with ruffles makes this a darling dress.

    ReplyDelete