Monday, September 24, 2018

Purple Sparkle Dress + White Faux Fur Jacket

Now here is a dress that I just LOVE! I wish I had better pictures than what's posted here, because this dress is so, SO pretty!
It's a simple, basic dress, but it doesn't need to be much more than that because it is so sparkly! I used Violette Field Thread's Pepper pattern, just the bodice. I added a little sewn-in sash in front just to break up the mass amount of sparkle.  It would have been a quick sew since it's a very straightforward pattern, but it wasn't since I had to pick out the sequins on every. single. seam.  And yes, there were sequins EVERYWHERE! The good thing was that the sequins themselves were big and dangly, so a single flick of my seam ripper was enough to take one out. I'm worried that they'll fall off, but so far they've stayed in well. I bought the fabric at Joann's.  It's not cheap fabric, but since I had a gift card and a 60% off coupon, I didn't pay hardly anything for this dress.
   
I also picked up a remnant of white faux fur, so a short while later I made girlie an adorable jacket, that she would wear with this dress since it was the middle of January.  I used Violette Field Thread's Molly Jacket pattern.  I originally wanted to have it lined in the fur too, but I didn't have enough fabric for that, but I was able to line the sleeves in the fur, and Eesa loves it because it is so soft! I used a single white snap for the enclosure, and sewed on a big, blingy button/bead that used to be part of an old headband that fell apart.

I love both dress and jacket.  They go perfect together.  I hope girlie doesn't grow out of this ensemble for a long, long time!


 So sparkly!
She wore this to her daddy/daughter dance in February 2018

LOVE


Don't mind her hat and mask--but I posted this to show that she sometimes wears this jacket without the dress.

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous in this sparkly purple dress with or without the beautiful white jacket. The lavender waistband is a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete