Monday, November 9, 2020

Teal Tank Dress/boy's oxford shirt

Here's another cute dress that I just love so much! I made this in June of 2019. This is the Gwen dress from VFT, I used this same pattern to make some tops. I had fun making this dress. My (new-ish) machine has lots of fun embroidery stitches, and I enjoyed making use of one of them for this dress. My machine is pretty adept at sewing button holes too, so it wasn't too painful making all those button holes. The back is stretchy, so we don't even need to bother actually using the buttons, they're just for looks even though technically they are functional. What else to say about this dress? It has been used for a wedding reception and a portrait session, so I'd say this is a dress worth posting about! I used some cotton-poly fabric (I think its a quality broadcloth) I found at Goodwill, I also made little brother a shirt using the same fabric, so they could match at the reception and for their portraits.

 
A close-up of the buttons and embroidery trim

The pockets are so fun!

She's just too cute in this dress!
The dress in action at her aunt's wedding reception

She wore this dress for her portraits over a year later...you can see she grew a little!

And here's the boy's oxford shirt to match! That's the only picture I could find of him wearing it! It's your basic oxford shirt, pattern from Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment