Sunday, October 4, 2020

Gwen Tank Top Shirts

April 2019: Here is a sweet-heart top with straps, aka the "Gwen Top " from VFT. This pattern sews up fairly fast and I was able to use fat quarters, at least with this size (size 6/7). That makes the price of this shirt come to about $2. The front button (or snaps) open, but the back is elastic so the shirt can just be pulled over the head. I found some adorable flamingo fat quarters at Walmart and was happy I could use them for this project. I used scraps of pink for the trim and even some leftover black pom trim. I think it turned out super cute. Elisa wore it a handful of times before she outgrew it, and then I sold it.


Here is a bonus shirt I made using the leftover scraps from Eesa's Jacket I had made months before. You can see the elastic-back. This shirt looked nice with white shorts. I used buttons instead of snaps, and yes they are functional but no need with the elastic back so they're just mainly for looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment