Monday, October 5, 2020

Red, Black and White Dress

May 2019. A neighbor generously gave my a big bag of fabric, including this cute red & black flower fabric. There was only just enough for a skirt, so I rummaged around in my fabric bin and found some red,  ribbed knit fabric for the bodice that I had previously purchased at Goodwill. So this dress probably costed me a dollar or two to make! I used the Tallulah knit pattern as a base for the bodice, but I modified it so much that I'm not going to bother tagging VFT in this dress. I somehow made the bodice a size bigger than I planned, but that's okay because Eesa has finally (a year and half later) grown into it. I'm glad I put that extra strip of black at the bottom for length! Eesa wore this dress fairly often, and at this point in my sewing life, I've realized that Eesa prefers knit clothing, something she can throw on over her head without help. So probably why she wore this dress as often as she did, versus the wrap dresses (previously posted here and here), for example (even though I personally think they are much cuter than this dress). Here she is modeling her new dress. We found a necklace that matched perfectly with this dress, it totally brings the outfit together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment