Sunday, September 27, 2020

Boy's Minecraft Jacket

I actually made this waaay back in November 2018, and managed to actually take pictures of it in February 2019. And now, September 2020, I've finally gotten around to posting this jacket. Anyway, I love it when I can make another sewing-for-boy post! There's just not enough of them. Here is a jacket I made for my oldest son. I used a boy's "Big Bad Wolf" vest pattern from Puperita. I didn't modify the pattern a whole lot. The two main alterations I made were adding long sleeves, and putting in a zipper instead of snaps. Installing the zipper while getting the lining to look right was pretty tricky, but I got it to work eventually. One other thing I do remember doing is "quilting" the vest itself. I bought some thin batting at Joannes and sandwiched it between the outer fleece type material and minecraft lining. Then I made some criss-crossing lines with my marking pen and sewed across those lines to get that quilted look. This jacket was worn all winter and is now too small, but I'm saving it for my youngest son, because what little boy doesn't like minecraft?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment