Friday, October 6, 2017

Christmas Dress #2

 Here is another dress I made for Eesa for Christmas 2016. I found this plaid green and red fabric at the thrift store about a year ago.  I saw it and knew I needed it and exactly what I wanted to do with it!  It was just perfect for a Christmas dress--the right colors and just the right amount of shine!
I made Elisa a knee-length dress.  Even though I didn't have the pattern (yet) I modeled it after Violette Field Thread's Pepper dress pattern, using the same free bodice pattern I had for a couple of other projects.  I just WISH there would have been more fabric so the dress could have a fuller skirt!  I think there was only about a yard or fabric.  That's the trouble with buying fabric from the thrift store.  Still, it turned out adorable!  She wore it with some white knee-highs and black ankle boots, so more of a casual look.  So cute.  I paid not much more than $1 for this, not bad!! I don't have a picture of her wearing it, but here are a couple of pictures.




1 comment:

  1. Such a cute tailored look with the white collar and white trim!

    ReplyDelete