Thursday, October 19, 2017

Vest & Pant Set

I made this awesome outfit back in May.  I had it in my head that I wanted to make a vest set for Elisa.  Despite me having 50 or so patterns, I decided to make something that I actually did not have a pattern for, go figure.  So....I pretty much drafted the vest from scratch.  I didn't have enough pink fabric to make a full back for the vest, so instead of being patient and waiting til I had more pink like a sane person would, I made the back out of ties and knots.  Which I actually think looks kinda cool, but I think a real back wouldn't slip off the shoulders as much. For the pants, I did use a pattern--the Lucy Pants pattern from VFT.  I also made the shirt using a basic peasant top pattern, using white broadcloth.  I also used pink and white broadcloth for the trim, and some cute jean material with shiny flecks of rainbow color which I found melt under the heat of an iron, haha whoops! The jean material was thrifted, so I didn't spend much making this experimental outfit.  Here she is in her outfit.  She actually likes wearing it, which surprised me because I kinda assumed she wouldn't touch it since its...not your usual outfit. Here are the pics:

1 comment:

  1. Very creative outfit, and the shirt looks very intricate, not an easy task.

    ReplyDelete