Saturday, December 31, 2011

Elisa's Christmas Outfit

Here is Elisa's Christmas outfit.  One of my favorites that I have designed and made.  It gets a ton of compliments and she even got her Christmas portraits taken in it.  I loved making this, except putting the tulle on the onsie.  I HATE working with tulle. Hate it, hate it, hate it.  Torturous.  Excruciatingly tedious.  It's because it slips all over the place.  But I showed that tulle who's boss and it turned out super cute regardless.   I came up with my own technique of applying the Christmas tree, and it turned out great.  I drew a picture of a Christmas tree on a piece of paper and sewed it over a chunk of tulle.  Then I cut out the tree, ripped off the excess paper, and sewed the tree on to the shirt using a very tight zig-zag stitch.  Very easy.  The rest of the decorations were easy and fun-I just made some ribbon flowers and glued and glued.
  I love how adorable she looks in this outfit.  I would probably charge $50-60 for the entire outfit if I were to sell it.  But I paid about $15, and that includes the tulle and ribbon, of which I have a bunch left over.  Not a bad price for an outfit this cute!       






No comments:

Post a Comment