Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tinkerbell Costume + Peter Pan Costume

 The kids have been obsessed with Peter Pan this past summer, so it was only fitting that they would be Peter Pan and Tinkerbell for Halloween.  Elisa's costume was made from a costume satin remnant I got at Joann's a few years ago.  I would have liked the skirt to be slightly longer but I didn't have enough material.  No matter, Tink's dress is super short anyway.  I used the same pattern as the ballerina outfit I made here, altered just slightly.  I love the look of the lace-up back, but its not really a good "play" costume because she can't get it on by herself.  Anyway, she looks darling in her Tinkerbell outfit! 

 

Here is a picture of the costumes in action!  The Peter Pan outfit was super quick and easy.  It literally took me about a half hour to make the shirt and the hat.  I would have finished his costume in 20 minutes had I not made the first hat too small! Whoops. The shirt is made using a super-soft flannel fabric.  I didn't use any pattern, just one of Gabe's shirts as a general guideline for me to follow.  I made the shirt dolmen style so there weren't any sleeves to bother with.  For the hat I followed a tutorial I found somewhere online (sorry, I can't remember where!).   Aren't these two the cutest?! 


1 comment:

  1. These two are the cutest and so are the costumes great for Halloween and Disney World!!

    ReplyDelete