Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cloth Lalaloopsy Dolls

I'm taking a break from all those outfits I made way back in August to post my present to Eesa this last Christmas. 
Elisa loves Lalaloopsies, so I thought a Lalaloopsy dolly would be the perfect gift this Christmas.  I wasn't interested in buying the $30 doll that's heavy and hard, so when I found a Lalaloopsy doll pattern on Etsy here for 5 bucks, I was elated that I could give Eesa a dolly and save money too! Well, I'm not 100% sure I'd do it again, considering we found a dolly for $13 on Amazon's black Friday sale.  But mostly the fact that these dollies take such a long long time to make really makes me never want to make them ever again.  But the most annoying part is that the mouth turned out wrinkly on both dolls!  Elisa doesn't seem to mind, but it really bothers me. Oh and I had to make the clothes myself with no pattern.  Oh, and never, ever ever make the yarn hair using regular yarn, unless you want to waste your entire day, have sore muscles, and drive yourself insane!  But I do like that these dolls are soft and lightweight.  And Elisa likes them so its all good.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. The dolls are so cute, and I don't blame you for not wanting to ever make them again!!

    ReplyDelete