Friday, September 13, 2013

Brother/Sister Matching Dress and Vest

 You are going to have to excuse the awful pictures.  It is so hard to get two toddlers to pose for pictures, especially right after church!  And let's not even mention the ugly brown grass... 

Anyway, I had to take these pictures when I had the chance or else I would have never gotten any pictures.  I made these outfits almost a year ago--way back in November! The dress and vest were meant to be their Thanksgiving outfits, but they turned out so cute that the kids ended up wearing them all throughout the year! 

I know the fabric isn't the cutest, but it was from my free stash, its is uni-sex, and the browns in the fabric were perfect for the fall.  Besides, I think that the style of the dress lends just enough cuteness to the dress that the fabric doesn't matter so much. 

To be honest, I don't remember making these outfits too well, it has been almost a year!  I'm pretty sure that I used the Simplicity project runway #2989 for the dress, but I'm not 100% sure.  For the vest I used a $3 Walmart pattern and I don't know why I haven't made Gabe another vest since then, since they aren't too hard to make and they look adorable on him.  Probably because I am CONSTANTLY low on fabric! 

Unfortunately, Elisa is starting to grow out of this dress so it may only have a couple of wears left.  The kids are a big hit at church in their cute matching outfits.  I should make them more matching outfits, but there are so many projects I want to work on and only so much time and fabric (or money to buy fabric with!)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love these outfits! They look so cute and color coordinated in them. The looks on their faces are hilarious, but pretty normal for kids and picture taking. Love the print, too!

    ReplyDelete