Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gabe's Christmas Shirt

 Here is Gabe's Christmas shirt.  I wanted something fun for him that he would like.  So I came up with this.  It's like a touch-n-feel shirt.  He loves the jingle bells on it--he jumps up and down just to hear the shirt jingle!

I made the deer out of felt, sewed it on, and glued everything else on, except the bells, which I also sewed on.  Not the best idea, I washed this shirt twice and both times the bells had torn off.  I got smart the 3rd time and rigged them up with ribbon and I'll be DARNED if they ever come off again!!

I machine-stitched the writing "I'm a Deer" using a very tight zig-zag stitch.  Improvement is still needed in that area.  And there is a disagreement about whether the shirt should read "I'm a Dear" or the way I have it, "I'm a Deer".  I thought it through, and I stand by my decision.

Anyway, I spent $4 for the plain white sweater (at Walmart) $3 for the bells and $3 for the nose, but I have a ton left over of the bells and poms; I'm sure I will use them for other projects.

  So $10 for a cute, unique, and fun Christmas shirt for Gabe!   
  



1 comment:

  1. Really cute Christmas clothes!! Like the shirt on Gabe.

    ReplyDelete