Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Corkscrew Hairbow Tutorial

  Here is my version of how to make a corkscrew hairbow.  They are so easy and so fun to make.

You'll need:
  • An oven.  The microwave WILL NOT work for this project!!!  Preheat it to 250 degrees.   
  • Whatever ribbon colors and widths you want.  These were my colors, in various widths:
 
  •  Skewers
  • Baking sheet














  • Clips (or clothes pins--NOT plastic!)
  • Glue gun
  • Gem, bead, or anything you want for that extra bling
  • Alligator clip

Use a clip to secure the wrapped end of your ribbon.  Wrap ribbon around skewer.  Try not to leave gaps, but don't opverlap.  You want them nice and snug: 


Do the same for all your ribbon colors; use a clip to secure the end:
Now put them in your pre-heated oven.  Hard I know, try not to burn your arms off when you put them in.  I like to run my ribbon skewers under water before putting them in the oven, it gives me peace of mind knowing that it is highly unlikely that they'll burst into flames and burn my house down if I take that extra step.  Leave them in the oven for 15 min.  Give or take.

Take them out, let them cool, and unwrap.  Take care not to pull too hard--let the ribbon keep it's shape.

You should have nice, tight curly ribbons like these:

Arrange anyway your little heart desires. Gluing helps.  A lot.

So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment