Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pettiskirt

 Typically, skirts are among the easiest pieces of clothing to sew.  Unless you're attempting to make a pettiskirt, then they are among the LONGEST!  I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I started this project!  Don't get me wrong, they're not hard...they just take forever because they require tons of fabric, and gathers upon gathers upon gathers. I felt like I was gathering and sewing forever.  And in the end, it still wasn't as fluffy as I thought it would be. Dangit.
However, it turned out super cute I think.  Normally pettiskirts are made with nylon chiffon, but Joannes doesn't carry that material (what the heck?!), but I found some similar fabric (slightly more stretchy though) in the clearance aisle and I think it worked out just fine.
I would offer you a tutorial, but you're better off just looking here.   But I'll give you the approximate measurements I used for my pettiskirt: --Or not.  Sorry--can't find the paper that I wrote the measurements on right now, I will though when I find it!




 The pettiskirt is sewn in a tiered fashion, doubled-as in, there are two layers.
 sewing the waistband

And here it is on our gorgeous model.  I couldn't resist putting pearls on her!  Too bad I forgot the hair bow--I guess that makes the pics null and void.  No, not really, she's adorable without a hair bow!








 



 Super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment