Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Piper Shirt

 Sorry, it has been over a year since I've posted on here!  I took a small break from sewing for a bit, and then came back full swing!  I have been sewing for Elisa like crazy!  I don't know if I'll ever keep up!

Here is a shirt I made for Elisa a few months back.  It is the Piper pattern from Violette Field Threads.  The pattern is actually for a dress but I wanted to make it a shirt (tunic length), and it wasn't very hard to do.  I just tucked the ends of the bow at the bottom and you'd never know!  It's hard to see, but I did a lace overlay for the bow and collar, and a satin/shiny material for the trim and under the overlay.  I like that the combination of the lace overlay with the satin/shiny material give the bow a firmer structure so that it doesn't droop like some other Piper bows I've done.  I would recommend using interfacing for Piper bows in the future so that they hold their shape, especially important for washing! For the main fabric I used some pretty fabric I found at Goodwill:


1 comment:

  1. I like the small floral print with the maroon colored background!