Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Curtain Dress!

 That's right.  I made Eesa a dress out of curtains.  I was just going to throw them away, but instead I decided to make a dress from them, just like Princess Giselle from Enchanted, haha! The dress looks cute in pictures, but in person it is sort...I don't know, kind of blah.  Not to mention a little stiff. 
While cutting the pattern (I used the Josephine dress from Foo Foo Threads), I noticed that here was a fairly noticeable crease in the fabric, right in the middle where I needed to cut the bodice.  So I cut the bodice piece a little wide, and hid the crease using pleats.I like the pleats, I just wish I ironed both sides of the pleats towards the middle, instead of all to one side.  And maybe a little lace trim in the middle. Here is the dress.  I almost want to bring it out again, seeing these cute pictures (I put it away since I didn't love the dress):
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. A dress out of curtains just like Maria did in the "Sound of Music." It's a really nice pattern, and I love the pleats! Sometimes a plain dress is nice, too. Maybe a necklace would dress it up a little!

    ReplyDelete