Friday, August 30, 2013

Emmaline Romper

Here is my altered version of the Emmaline dress.  As much as I LOVE that dress, it's not always practical since it is so long.  I combined the romper pattern with the Emmaline dress bodice since I the neckline is so gorgeous.  I added some adorable ruffle pockets and trim in the same fabric on the hem of the pants.  It looked fabulous until I tried in on Elisa...whoops...too short!  I had to un-pick the bodice-to-shorts seam and add some more fabric so it wouldn't give little Elisa a huge wedgie!  But, I like the way it looks with the extra seam, it gives it a belt-ish look.
Elisa receives lots of (good) attention when she in out and about wearing this romper.  It is one of my favorites on her.  Now I'm just waiting for someone to steal my idea/design :)   






1 comment:

  1. I really like the black and white fabrics. It's one of my favorites, too. She is adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete