But, being the fan of variety that I am, I decided to give it ago and add something new to Elisa's wardrobe (lots of halters but no one-shouldered anything!). I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby (of course). I picked out this fabric because I wanted a dress to match one of Elisa's bows. Most of the time bows are made to match a dress- well, I make dresses to match bows! It was a fairly straight-forward pattern to follow, but I skipped a lot of unnecessary steps. I tried it on Elisa and decided I still didn't like it, mostly due to the fact it was a bit big on her.
Well, a couple of moths went by with the dress sitting on a heap in her closet floor on top of all of her other clothes I need to sort/giveaway. I don't remember why I brought it out again but I'm sure glad I did! I think the fact that she grew a little helped a lot in it's appeal. Now I love this dress on her, and she always gets compliments in it. I don't know what I was thinking, not liking it! She actually wears this dress now quite a bit (comparatively speaking). It's not church-appropriate but it sure is darling on her! I love the sash to; it was optional but I wouldn't make this dress without it! Her is the cutie modeling her one-shouldered "Stella" dress!