I made this for my VTing companion who was about to have her 6th girl! I had to dig deep in my pattern stash to find a newborn dress pattern. I had the fabric on hand already; it was actually supposed to be for Elisa's Christmas dress last year, but I chose something else instead so it was nice to finally get some use out of it!
Again with the horrendous pictures--so sorry--someday I'll get to use a real camera! This dress looks so much prettier in real life. It is a shiny emerald green with a sparkly chiffon overlay. I even added a little bling on the front; it is actually an earring that got detached from it's hanger.
I was excited to try a new technique (new to me anyway---it's been around for ages) called pin-tucking. It takes a little extra time but it isn't hard---at least (I'm assuming) with cooperative fabric that doesn't slip, slide, and generally drive you up the wall like the fabric I used. I know that there exists a foot attachment specifically designed for pin-tucking, but I don't pin tuck enough to make it worth it, at besides, it's works out just fine doing it by hand. Mine were ever so slightly uneven but hopefully no one will notice. I'm sure the little girl will look beautiful in her little dress!