Friday, April 13, 2012

Zebra/Pink Cupcake Shirt

I've decided that Elisa's birthday will be cupcake-themed.  So I was really excited when I came across this shirt at a boutique at the CA swapmeet:
  I was not excited about the price tag:$15.  Okay so $15 isn't that bad, but I wanted the diaper cover that went with it, which was yet another $15.  So it would have added up to $30 for a birthday outfit...ehhh....way too poor for that.  Besides, it looked simple enough, I decided to give it a go:


                                   $5 later...
a super cute outfit that was a whole lot of fun to make! Yes I did copy.  And I am NOT ashamed of that!! That is what is so nice about being able to sew.  It allows me to see something I like and make one for myself (or my girl) for a fraction of the price! That's what this blog is all about!

1 comment: