Monday, April 16, 2012

Set Your Heart Ablaze

She sure does in this outfit!  I've been drooling over these ruffle bloomers for a long time now, but didn't want to shell out the $30.  Fortunately for me, these bloomers don't require that much fabric, and I already had a diaper cover pattern  so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to figure out.  It wasn't, but it sure was time consuming to put the ruffle on the butt.  I put four layers:  Cotton fire print, lace, tulle, and then another fire print.  It was really fun to make, and after I got the ruffles on it really didn't take that long to put together.  And the best thing?  This bloomer was made entirely with scrap material so it didn't cost a dime to make! Plus I got to use up some old material that had been sitting around forever.
Many of the girls wearing these ruffle bloomers on Etsy have no top, and that bothers me.  I know it is just for the pictures, but still.  So of course Elisa needed a shirt to match, but she doesn't have a lot of orange and yellow in her wardrobe, so I picked up this orange tank top at Walmart for $2.50 and sewed some lace on the collar and fashioned some bows (took me about 10 mins), and there you have it, and adorable, unique, and inexpensive outfit!!  








Total Cost: $2.50 for the entire outfit!

1 comment: