Monday, April 16, 2012

Ruffle Bottom Sunsuit

 This next outfit has been my latest favorite thing to make Elisa!  It's called a sunsuit; it's basically a romper.  It looks like a swimsuit but it's not. Perfect for this hot AZ weather.  And SO so cute!! These are plastered all over Etsy and priced between $18-$40, averaging $30.  I've had my eye on these sunsuits and wanted to give them a try.  I had been holding off because I didn't have a pattern and assumed I would have to figure it out from the diaper cover pattern I had, but luckily for me, this nice lady posted a free pattern AND tutorial!! Made my day when I discovered her site.  Click here if you want to make one yourself.  The instructions are clear and the pattern is right on (for a 12 month old).   
These sunsuits are fun and fairly easy to make.  Nothing too complicated.  I really enjoyed making this.  And I LOVE the fabric that I used!! I found it at Joannes and had to have it. It is so fun and bright and colorful! Just perfect for a little girl's wardrobe.  She looks super cute in her new outfit:

 
 
 
 



Total Price?  I'm not exactly sure, since I bought the fabric awhile ago, but I think it cost me probably around $5.  But I have enough fabric left over to make 3 more of these!

1 comment: