Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Layered Ruffle Shirt

 I LOVE that my serger can gather, sew and edge finish all at once!I think I mentioned that earlier in a different post, but I can't overemphasis that fact that it has literally changed my sewing "career" forever!  I made Elisa this shirt using a $3 Walmart pattern.  The pattern was originally supposed to be a dress with no ruffles, but I changed it up a bit to make it a ruffled shirt.  I saw once like this at Babies R Us for like $30 and it was so so cute. This is my go at it:








 The serger made this project go 10X as fast as it would otherwise.  It looks so cute on Elisa!  I liked this shirt so much, that I actually made her another one in purple.  I like the purple one slightly better because it is a little neater looking and has a zipper instead of buttons.  I actually bought this fabric at Goodwill.  I paid $6 for two colors, blue and purple, about two yards each.  You can't see it very well, but this fabric is quite shiny.  I love it.  Plus another $2 for the buttons and zipper.  So $8 for two shirts, or $4 each!!  Plus LOTS of leftover fabric!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes this one is really darling as ever!! Totally fashionable.

    ReplyDelete