I had purchased some white fleece at Joannes on black Friday, so I got it at a very reasonable price (still kicking myself for not buying MORE fleece...), plus its nice and soft and warm. I used/altered the same pattern I used for Gabe's pea-coat last year, only this time I made a hood instead of a collar. This was my first time making a hood, and it was super easy. I just traced around a hood from another one of Gabe's jackets. I just winged it for the pockets, and Gabe agreed to put a "G" and a train (no surprise there!) on the pockets. The zipper was really easy to put in, but unfortunately it is a bit shorter than it needs to be, so I just might have to take a trip to Joannes to buy a longer one. Last but not least, I got to work with hem tape for the first time! I bought a couple of big 'ol bags of hem tape at the thrift store way back in Arizona, not really knowing what they were, but I figured they would come in handy some day. They did :P I am pleased with the way the hem tape looks--very professional!
Here is the cute jacket on the cute boy: