Sunday, November 6, 2011

Minnie Mouse Dress

 We managed to find time to go on our annual trip to Disneyland this year.  We love that place!! Of course, I couldn't resist making Elisa a Minnie Mouse dress! I looked around quite a bit for inspiration on the perfect Minnie Mouse dress, and I was mainly inspired by this dress.  I had a lot of fun making it, and since I've been sewing Elisa a lot of dresses with a similar pattern, I got it done fairly quickly and easily.  I even had time to sew in an extra layer with tulle so the dress would be poofy.  The most fun part was making the ears...I thought they would be hard to do, but I just cut out circles of some stiff black felt and glue gunned them to a bow made out of the dress fabric.

This dress was a HUGE hit at Disneyland!  Elisa received lots and lots of attention from many people.  Most of the comments were: "Awww...look at that cute baby Minnie!".  I am so happy I made her a minnie mouse dress.  With all the large crowds at Disneyland, it is nice to stand out!

I really can't remember how much I spent exactly on this dress, but I'm pretty sure it was around $10. Not too bad!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment